October 13, 2011
- Welcome to Macaroni Kid
- Nominate a Teacher Today for Teacher of the Month!
- Get Ready for Halloween Guide
- Sushi Tortilla Wrap
- Featured Local Businesses
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- Local Parenting Groups
- Si View CC - Facts & Information on Props 1 & 2
- Encompass Fall Class Preview
Halloween is coming soon - give yourself a TREAT ... Check Your BOO-bies!
- Autumn is arriving and the leaves are starting to fall. Don't forget to Check Your Boobies before you pull on your favorite comfy sweater.
- Even though it's almost Halloween, a time for frightening ghosts and goblins, it's no time to be afraid. Checking Your Boobies isn't a scary thing!
- As you're getting ready for that fabulous Halloween party and are trying on your bewitching costume, make sure you Check Your Boobies!
As you know October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. You can click here to read the story of a local breast cancer survivor by way of an amazing local non-profit called Check Your Boobies. If you haven't already, make it a priority to visit checkyourboobies.org before the end of October.
Check Your Boobies' mission is to have every woman know her breasts. That mission translates to two main parts: a monthy reminder to do self-exam and local boobie-checking parties.
theREMINDER: CYB reminds women that every month is important in the fight against breast cancer. Every month women need to conduct self-exams. It is the single best form of early detection. Sign up through checkyourboobies.org to receive a free, monthly email reminder. Because "time of the month" affects the best time to exam your breasts, the email is even tailored to your cycle. I've been getting theREMINDER for two years now, and it has made me much more diligent about this crucial monthly task! CLICK HERE to sign up for the Check Your Boobies monthly email reminder.
thePARTY: CYB knows that women are social beings and offers to bring the party to you and your friends. This service is offered locally, and it's FREE (although I would suggest a donation to the cause). In a relaxed setting, surrounded by people you know, a a Breast Health professional teaches attendees about breast health, breast cancer prevention, and early detection. It could be the most important party you ever host! CLICK HERE for more information about hosting a Boobie Party!
LISTEN TO YOUR BODY
TRUST YOUR INTUITION
ACT ON IT.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC