September 13, 2012
- Family-friendly Local Happenings from Macaroni Kid
- Work From Home Guide
- Teacher of the Month - Nominate a Teacher Today!
- National TriMathlon at Mathnasium of Issaquah
- Kellogg's® Tour of Gymnastics Champions
- Featured Local Businesses
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Teen Scene
- Plan Ahead
- BTS: Lunchbox Ideas
- Macaroni Tech: Artkive
- Encompass Programs
- Go Green this Halloween! Swap Your Costumes!
Issaquah, Sammamish, Snoqualmie, North Bend and Fall City
I am beginning to feel like THIS is my favorite time of year. This wonderful lull between two seasons - one foot in the summer another tiptoeing toward autumn. The mornings are cool and crisp; the afternoons sunny and warm. The rain is no where in sight.
Students have returned to school. Parents are embracing a more structured routine. Yet the community is still buzzing with activities and family friendly events. In fact, here are the details of TWO fishy activities you won't want to miss:
Snoqualmie River Fish Festival - September 22
After a summer of tubing (and leaving litter behind) on the the Snoqualmie River, Fall City Arts has come up with this unique and creative way to approach this dilemma, and it's meant for families! Festival goers will be given a list of these treasures hidden along the shores of the Snoqualmie River. They will also be given garbage bags to assist in cleaning up as they treasure hunt. Combining art, fun and community service!
The Splash Mob! Game - now through October 7th
You and your kids are invited to "fish around Issaquah" in search of decorated salmon on display in certain stores throughout the area. Collect a stamp at each location and earn the chance at some great prizes. Just this past Tuesday, my daughter and I discovered four salmon in Gilman Village. You'll need a gameboard to play, which you can click and print here.
After you mark your calendar for those great events, check out what Macaroni Kid is bringing you THIS WEEK ...
- Work From Home Guide featuring local Independent Consultants and mom-preneurs who are working out of their homes and making money!
- Was last year's teacher something special? Already impressed with this year's teacher? Nominate a Teacher Today!
- Whether math comes easily or you're looking for a challenge, check out National TriMathlon at Mathnasium
- We bet you'll flip for another chance to win tickets to see Kellogg's Tour of Gymnastics Champions
- The mom behind Active Balance has ideas for packing healthy back-to-school lunches
- We've got the scoop on Artkive, a super cool App for getting a handle of all that artwork
- Here's an overview of the programs offered at Encompass including FREE monthly development screenings
- Go Green this Halloween! Swap your Costumes at our 3rd Annual Costume Swap Day event. Drop off costumes now at Small Threads for Kids or the new CleanScapes Store.
Also, please take a minute to share Macaroni Kid with a friend (or a dozen friends) ... post it on Facebook, forward the newsletter from your email account, mention it at your next Moms Group or PTA meeting, ... we truly appreciate your support!
Diana ([email protected])
Dana ([email protected])
and encourage you to check out our Calendar for a complete list.
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC