Let your kids be creative and have fun as they craft patriotic candle holders to celebrate the 4th of July.
- Baby food jar (or other glass container)
- Red, white, and blue tissue paper
- Paint brush
- Battery operated candles
- Mix 1 part glue and 1 part water in small bowl. This makes a Modge Podge type glue.
- Paint glue mixture on outside of baby food jar-or other glass container
- Apply tissue paper cut into small squares and stars in red, white, and blue.
- Paint another layer of glue on top of tissue (feel free to apply liberally as the glue dries clear).
- Allow the jar to dry and then place battery operated candle inside.
- Enjoy your work!
*Warning: These candle holders are not flame resistant and you should only use battery operated candle.