“Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.” – Margaret Fuller
We all know the importance of reading to our kids...once THEY become the readers the world around them has forever changed as they can then reach a level of self reliance that can never be lost. Here at West Seattle Macaroni Kid we want to support YOU as the parent getting books into your kiddos hands and the love of reading a life long passion.....so here's our guide to our favorite reads for the littles and not so littles in your family.
- Wishtree (Ages 9+)
- Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Tweens and teens)
- The Pigeon Get's Schooled (Ages 0-8)
- Pout-Pout Fish Cleans up the Ocean (Ages 0-8)
- 15 Children’s Books that Celebrate Diversity (Ages 2+)
- Boo! Here are 9 Halloween Books Your Kids Will Love (Ages 0 up)
- Top 5 Books for Bedtime (Ages 0-8)
- New Read-Aloud Book Features Talkative Bedtime Friend(Ages 0-7)
- Introduce Your Kids to Beatrice Zinker in New Disney Book Series (Ages 4-9)
- Enjoy Fast-Paced Action with The Storm Runner Book (Ages 8-13)
- 8 Books That Inspire Kids to Be Kind (Readers of all ages!)
- KAPOW! Here are 3 Reasons to Introduce Your Kids to Comic Books (Ages 4+)
- New Picture Book Highlights Parent-Child Connection (Ages 0-10)
- Make Bedtime Fun with New Pout-Pout Fish Book (Ages 0-6)
- 10 Books to Ease Back to School Fears (Ages 5-9)
- Read This Before That First Day of School (Ages 3-5)
- Brave Enough For Two Highlights Friendship (Ages 4-8)
- This Story Is For You (Ages 3-7)
- "Bigger, Bigger" is a New Picture Book Full of Creativity (Ages 0-5)
- Judy Moody® is about to have her Best Mood Ever! (Ages 4-9)
- 5 Legitimately Funny Books to Read with Your Kids
- Get your Heart On (Ages 13+)
- Ho, Ho, Ho – It’s Santa Bruce! (Ages 3-9)
- New Read-Aloud Book Features Talkative Bedtime Friend (Ages 0-6)
- A Piglet Named Mercy (Ages 0-8)
- Underware! (Ages 0-10)
- Sal and Gabi Break the Universe (Ages 8-12)
- The Little Guys (Ages 0-6)
- The Great Indoors (Ages 0-8)
- A Pig Named Mercy (Ages 0-10)
Do you have a list of favorites? Let me know! I'll add to this list! Just email email@example.com to contribute and help us instill a love of reading in every kiddo!
Find your family fun® with Macaroni Kid!
Subscribe today for your FREE local Calendar of all local kid & family-friendly events!
Mac Kid West Seattle is your go-to site for all things FAMILY + FUN + PARENTING & MORE in West Seattle, Burien, White Center, Tukwila, & Georgetown!
Don't miss our Indoor Fun Guide for all things fun and out of the rain!
The Local Parks & Trails Guide is here for you to plan your Day Excursions in our area & beyond!
Be sure to bookmark our #MKAOK (Macaroni Kid Act of Kindness Guide) to help make Kindness a family value
Don’t miss out on our CALENDAR for a complete list of local events everyday!