If you haven’t been berry picking before with your kids, you’re in for a treat. This is a fun activity to pass a couple of hours in the summertime, and you return home with some healthy and delicious results. We are rich in options for different places to pick your favorites: blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries. Salmonberries, boysenberries, and blackberries are wild in our region and can be found on most roadsides and nature trails from June through September.
What to do with the bountiful berries you bring home?
- Rinse and serve fresh with meals or for snacks out of hand.
- Pop them into cereal or pancakes for breakfast.
- Add them to a smoothie, or float them in a juice punch.
- Bake them into any number of desserts, including my favorite, pie!
- Freeze them for later, and enjoy them all year long.
Here is a list of some of our favorite local places to pick-your-own berries:
Blue Dog Farm | 7125 W. Snoqualmie Valley Road, Carnation
- Certified organic u-pick and picked-to-order blueberries; member-based
- 425-844-2842 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Facebook
Bybee Farms | 42930 SE 92nd St, North Bend
Cottage Gardens Blueberry Farm | 14510 Kelly Road NE, Duvall
- Nine varieties of u-pick blueberries and sunflowers
- 425-947-4523 / email@example.com / Facebook
Harvold Berry Farm | 5207 Carnation-Duvall Rd NE, Carnation
Henna Blueberry Farm | 1800 Fall City Carnation Rd SE, Fall City
- Ten varieties of blueberries, u-pick or pre-picked
- 425.806.2751 (weekdays) or 206.605.4420 (weekends) / @hennablueberryfarm / Facebook
Larsen Lake Blueberry Farm | 700 148th Ave. SE, Bellevue
- U-pick and pre-picked blueberries
- 425-499-5322 / Facebook
Pine Lake Blueberry Farm | 21509 SE 28th Lane, Sammamish
Remlinger Farms | 32610 NE 32nd St, Carnation
- U-pick and pre-picked strawberries and raspberries
- 425-333-4135 ext 250 / firstname.lastname@example.org / Facebook
Berry picking with your family can be a lot of fun, but here are a few things to keep in mind before you go:
- The best time to pick berries is in the morning before the sun gets too hot.
- Most u-pick farms are cash or check only and don’t accept credit cards.
- Please leave your pets at home.
- Picking buckets or baskets are generally provided, but it's a good idea to bring along a small bucket for your youngest pickers.
- Berries thrive in direct sunlight, so bring a hat and apply sunscreen.
- Facebook seems to be the communication tool of choice for berry-picking farms. For up-to-date information, we suggest checking there first.
Fresh berries are among the healthiest foods on the planet! They are an excellent source of vitamins, fiber and antioxidants helping you and your family stay healthy and strong. They have the added bonus of tasting fantastic, so eat as much as you like, and enjoy some of the best flavors of summer – straight from the field.
Like this article? Macaroni Kid Snoqualmie Valley - Issaquah is full of useful local information like this PLUS tons of kid-friendly events on our event calendar. Plus you can stay in the know of all the local family fun by subscribing to our FREE weekly e-newsletter!
We are a small business and appreciate you sharing as many posts as you can so that we can thrive with providing Macaroni Kid for free for families, supporting small businesses and more!