Do you work or volunteer for a local business, recreation department, or community organization that holds family-friendly events? Do you wonder why your events aren't appearing in our event calendar? We can't list them if we don't know about them!
All you need to do is add Macaroni KID to your media distribution list and make sure to submit the information to us at least 2-3 weeks ahead (if possible). We can help spread the word about your event to our weekly readers plus the many more local families who regularly check our website and Facebook page. Macaroni KID is email@example.com
There are some requirements for the events to be eligible. Below we have listed the most common ones:
- The event must be open to the public.
- The event must be family-friendly. Teen and Caregiver events are great, too!
- In general, we list events that are free or low-cost (generally less than $20 for a family of 4) to keep our event list affordable for local families. But, if you're offering a very special event at a higher cost, go ahead and submit it for consideration.
- The event must be located in Snoqualmie Valley - Issaquah - Sammamish - Preston - Duvall - North Bend- Fall City - Carnation, etc.
Following the above guidelines, there are TWO ways to be published by Macaroni KID: CALENDAR SUBMISSIONS and PRESS RELEASES.
How do you get your event listed in the popular events calendar?
- Just fill out this Submit an Event form. The calendar submission is typically free unless it is not a free or low-cost or family-friendly event.
- If you have a flyer you'd like in the listing, you may send it to my email to be uploaded, AFTER you submit the event to the calendar. If you just send the flyer and don't submit it, it will not likely be published. There are NO guarantees flyers will be uploaded as we have limits each week. If you'd like to ensure your flyer IS uploaded, you'll need to upgrade to advertising and send us $10 to PayPal.me/macaronikid By upgrading, we will ensure a graphic, flyer, is uploaded so long as you send it at least 5 days prior to the event.
Have a bigger event or promotion you'd like to advertise on Snoqualmie Valley - Issaquah - Sammamish - Preston - Duvall - North Bend- Fall city - Carnation? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out our advertising information and let's set up a time to talk! (Download a copy of our Media Kit here.)
Your event is already submitted by you for calendar consideration but you are hoping to get your full Press Release published as an article, too? Great!
Be sure to submit the event to the calendar first, then you are welcome to send us a press release as well. Send one of the following ways;
- PREFERRED METHOD (a Word doc or text and an image is great; press releases are good, too) with all the details to email@example.com with the subject line: Press Release
- Fill out this FORM.
- Send a flyer (least preferred as we have limited time to convert to a press release/article so if you can send it in proper form that increases your chances of approval!
We'll make every effort to publish your press releases, but please note that we have a limited number of slots per week. Our publishers will handpick the releases to be featured. To boost your chances, be active by sharing, posting, and tagging Macaroni KID. We greatly rely on the support of our community to thrive. Thank you!
Looking to get your press releases out there? Macaroni Kid is accepting submissions for review! Don't miss this opportunity to spread the word.