Thank you Jenny Craig for sponsoring this post. Can a test help you learn how to best lose weight, based on your genetic profile? Try Jenny Craig’s most customized plan ever and learn more about how you can best work with your body to lose weight.
This article highlights my journey with Jenny Craig for the week of March 28 – April 3 2020.
Be healthy and stay healthy with Jenny Craig at home! They're offering FREE home delivery or curbside pickup and FREE personal phone coaching.
I’ll be honest, there is no better time to be on the Jenny Craig Program. Now, would I be just as successful without a global pandemic causing social distancing, of course. However, the fact that I can still do my weekly meetings, via phone, with my Jenny Craig Consultant, and have the food delivered to my door, it has allowed me not to skip a beat.
If you’re following my journey, you’ve seen many of my Jenny Craig meal photos already. Let me tell you they taste as good as they look! It’s so simple and I love that the portions are just right for me.
I'm able to add a little of my own touch to each meal. Berries with breakfast, a garden salad with lunch and vegetables with dinner. I’ve yet to feel hungry or stuffed, in fact, I feel just right. And that’s a great feeling.
Speaking of feeling great, let’s talk more about my DNA Results. Another key element, which Jenny Craig tests for, are eating behaviors. Obviously, these can greatly impact your ability to lose weight.
We know that everyone has different preferences when it comes to food. Maybe you have a "sweet tooth" or you crave high-calorie, rich foods. You might not feel satisfied at the end of a meal, which causes you to overeat. There may be a reason for all of it, your genetics.
The Jenny Craig DNA Decoder measures four genetic markers when it comes to eating behaviors, and here are my results:
- Tendency to overeat: Even though my below average results suggest I may not have the tendency to overeat at one meal, that doesn’t mean I won’t in the course of a day. Jenny Craig is helping me be mindful of what and how much I’m eating throughout the day. Remember, life happens, and if you do overindulge, you can easily get back on track with a healthy option at your next meal.
- Impulse to crave high-calorie foods: My below average results, especially as I get older, mean I may have an increased risk for consuming high-calorie foods and may be more likely to be impulsive around rich, tempting foods. Guilty! Jenny Craig is helping me curb these cravings by having me cue into my feelings on food. Am I really hungry, or just bored or thirsty? By being aware of this, I’m able to use scientifically proven techniques to help me be mindful of what, when and how much I’m eating.
- Tendency to crave sweet foods: Seeing my above average results here was no surprise, though it may not be from what you might typically think of as “sweet” foods. Sugar is everywhere, especially added sugar in many everyday items, such as sauces, dressings, coffee drinks and more. What I didn’t know is if you don’t consume foods and beverages with added sugar regularly, your cravings for them subside over time.
- Satisfaction levels: My below average results may make me prone to feeling less satisfied after a meal. One of the strategies that Jenny Craig has helped implement into my lifestyle is spacing my meals and snacks throughout the day. This helps me keep my blood sugar levels in check, which is important for me as I’m predisposed to diabetes.
We know I’m not able to change my DNA – but I can change my habits to help improve my health.
I’m down 11.6 pounds in 5 weeks and I feel fantastic! I’m working exercise into my daily routine, as well as drinking plenty of water. I’ve even started adding cucumber and raspberries to my water, so I feel like I’m always at a spa (and this helps with my sweet cravings too).
Next week I’ll share how my DNA affects my sleep habits, what I’m doing to not stress eat during these uncertain times, and my weight loss through six weeks on the Jenny Craig Program.
Ask yourself what’s your why? And join me today!
Please follow my journey here:
- Beginning My Journey: You’re Going to See Less of Me Soon
- Week One: Losing Weight and Feeling Great
- Week Two: Believe. Do it. Succeed!
- Week Three: Strive for Progress, Not Perfection
- Week Four: Milestones, Self-Care and Lifestyle Balance
This post was sponsored by Jenny Craig but the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Jenny Craig at Walgreens services are provided by employees of JC USA, Inc., a Texas company. Such Jenny Craig staff are not associates, employees or agents of Walgreen Co. or any Walgreens subsidiary or affiliated company.